Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Specifically Created

"The word of the LORD came to me, saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.'
'Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child.'
But the LORD said to me, 'Do not say, "I am only a child." You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,' declares the LORD. Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, 'Now, I have put my words in your mouth.'" (Jeremiah 1:4-9)

I love these verses! It shows how God created us each specifically for a purpose. I like what "The Principles and Power of Vision" says about this:

"Notice that God used the past tense. He had already set apart and appointed Jeremiah as a prophet. Yet at first, Jeremiah responded, 'I do not know how to speak' (v.6). God's reaction was, in effect, 'Do not say that! If I built you to be a prophet, don't tell Me you can't talk!'...
...Again, whatever God is causing you to dream is a revelation of your ability. Responsibility is really 'respond-ability' or the ability to respond to the requirement of your vision.

Everything about you is determined by your purpose. God built you, designed you, and gave you the right makeup for it. Your heritage and ethnic mix, the color of your skin, your language, your height, and all the other physical features are made for the fulfillment of your vision. You were built for what you're supposed to do. You are perfect for your purpose. This means that your ability isn't dependent on what you perceive as your limitations.

...Everything God gave you to do, you are able to do. For everything God put in your heart to do, you have the corresponding ability to accomplish.

Dreams are given to draw out what's already inside us and to activate God's power in enabling us to achieve our visions. This is why God may give us dreams that are bigger than our educations. ...Likewise, you may not have the background to do what you are going to do. People may not believe you can do it, yet what does it matter what they think? Just keep doing what God tells you to do. God never gives us dreams to frustrate us. He gives us dreams to deliver us from mediocrity and to reveal our true selves to the world. The more I study the Word of God, the more I realize that God appoints, anoints, and distinguishes people. He doesn't like them to get lost in mediocrity. Therefore, He said, in effect, 'Abraham, come out. Moses, come out. David, come out. You are lost among the average.' "

No comments: