Saturday, January 27, 2007

In love...

Have you ever been in love? Do you remember how all you wanted do was just be around the person and spend time together? A look or smile in your direction made your day a million times brighter. A special gift was held dear to your heart. You treasured every little thing that told you of the love between the two of you.

Well… I’m in love. The One I’m in love with is so far beyond amazing. There are no words to really accurately describe Him, but I’ll do my best… He’s my Prince of Peace, the best looking of ten thousand, the Beginning and the End, the Light of the World, my Redeemer, my Fortress, my Deliverer, my Rock, my Shepherd, my Portion, my Strong Habitation, my Banner, my Shield, my Strength, my Hiding Place, my Comfort. He is everything to me. He’s my ALL. I enjoy our time together. I read His letter to me every day. I talk to Him whenever I think of Him. There is absolutely no one who matches up to Him.

The best part about it is that He loves me even more than I love Him! What an amazing thing!!! He actually loved me before I even knew He existed. He patiently waited for me. He sent messages to me of His love. He waited expectantly for the day when I would recognize that He was calling to me. Now I know of His love. It is so far beyond anything I can even wrap my mind around. It’s way EXTRAVEGANT! I mean, some of the things He does He really doesn’t have to do, but He does them anyway because He loves me. He tells me He loves me all the time. He shows me He loves me in soooo many ways. He sends me flowers. He sends warmth to my heart. He holds me close to Himself. He dries my tears when I’m sad; He even cries with me, and He comforts me. I am never alone because of Him. As a matter of fact, He even died for me- but He’s alive again. His love is extravagant! He paints beautiful sunrises and sunsets for me. He lights my morning.

Oh, His name! I forgot to tell you! My love is my God, Jesus Christ, my Savior, my Creator, my Father, my Teacher, my Everything. There is no one who compares to Him!

Not only does He love me, but no one can separate me from His love. Check this out:

“He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?…Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?…Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:32,35,37-39)

You know what, as amazing as this sounds, He loves you too! He loves you as much as He loves me and yet it isn’t a strange thing. He loves the whole world. He loves each of us individually. So everything I wrote about God loving me is true of you too. Have you realized His love for you? Have you responded to His love? (If you need to know how to respond read “The Bride” post.) He is waiting for you. He loves you so much more than you can imagine. Open your eyes and see all He does to show you His love and you’ll be amazed! Yes, I’m in love. Are you?

If you have any questions regarding this love God has for you, let me know. Better yet, ask Him to reveal His love to you. You can still contact me and let me know about the love He shows you.

“…May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love, that you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [God’s devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it]; [that you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!” (Ephesians 3:17-19)

No comments: