Saturday, April 7, 2007

Hang on!

“I AM the True Vine, and My Father is the Vinedresser. Any branch in Me that does not bear fruit [that stops bearing] He cuts away (trims off, takes away); and He cleanses and repeatedly prunes every branch that continues to bear fruit, to make it bear more and richer and more excellent fruit. You are cleansed and pruned already, because of the word which I have given you [the teachings I have discussed with you]. Dwell in Me, and I will dwell in you. [Live in Me, and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me.” (John 15:1-5)

I cannot escape this idea of abiding in God…so this is a continuation. God keeps telling me to abide in Him. This is an excerpt from my journal that I believe could apply to you as well.

“Abide in Me and I in you- fruit just naturally come forth. You never see a grape being forced into existence- it all happens easily and naturally because of the connection between the vine and the branches. It’s not a difficult thing. Even so, when you just simply abide in Me and I in you things happen easily and naturally- without strain. So, don’t concern yourself with what others think and with pleasing them. Seek to please Me- obey and abide. If I tell you to let go of something, let Me prune it off and don’t try to hold onto it. This pruning will allow more fruit to come forth. If I graft something into you life, don’t resist it. Let My Spirit flow through you to bring life and fruit to that area as well. I know the amount you can handle and how to bring forth the most fruit. I desire fruit, in it My Father is glorified. So, abide in Me and let My words abide in you. Meditate on My words. Speak My words. Let them produce life in those around you, and in you. Abide and bring forth fruit. As simple at that. I have much for you to do, but you first must learn to abide in Me. Without that essential element, you won’t produce the fruit you and I desire.”

1 comment:

Samantha F. said...

Wow Becca. This was really good. I'm gonna need some time to think about it some more and chew it over, but it really spoke to me.

Thanks. =)