Thursday, May 3, 2007

Are you being followed?

Here’s another thought that goes along with the previous post. Check out this verse:

Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.” Psalm 23:6

In the world we live in, there can be a lot of danger. Have you ever felt like someone was following you with harmful intentions? I don’t know about you, but I have. Really there wasn’t anyone there who wanted to harm me.

But think about this, “…goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life…” That sounds good to me! I have goodness following me! There is mercy following me! There is unfailing love following me!

Have you ever had a friend who said, “I’ve got your back.” That’s encouraging. It helps relieve some pressure from the situation. You know that you’re not alone, right? Well, goodness, mercy, and unfailing love have my back. How cool is that!

When we’re living for Jesus Christ, we can know that He has our back. Look at this:

“Then shall your light break forth like the morning, and your healing (your restoration and the power of a new life) shall spring forth speedily; your righteousness (your rightness, your justice, and your right relationship with God) shall go before you [conducting you to peace and prosperity], and the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.” Isaiah 58:8 (Amplified)

There is a comfort in knowing that GOD has your back. Also, goodness, mercy, and unfailing love are following you. As you go through your week, think about that. You are being followed, but it’s a very good thing!

1 comment:

Samantha F. said...

Wow, I like this!! How very refreshing!

Also, I totally expected to find only one new post. Two?? On the same day?? Who are you and where is Becca??? Lol!!

Great posts and I'm looking forward to more!!