Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Chosen...

I have been getting SOOOO MUCH out of what I've been reading in the Bible lately that I'd have to post nearly everyday to keep you caught up with it all. For now I'll just share two verses with you and my thoughts about them from when I was reading and thinking about what it meant...kinda breaking it down. You can apply these verses to you as well. Enjoy!

"Even as [in His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy (consecrated and set apart for Him) and blameless in His sight, even above reproach, before Him in love." ~Ephesians 1:4

God chose me for Himself. He picked me as His own in Christ. Because of His great love, even before the foundations of the world were laid, He chose me! =) I am loved. I am accepted in the Beloved. I have been chosen. And God is good. I've not been chosen in some evil plan. God chose me out of His great LOVE! His desire is that I should be holy, consecrated, set apart for Him, blameless in His sight, above reproach, and before Him in love. I have been set apart for Him, since He chose me before the foundation of the world. I am blameless and above reproach in His sight because I am in Christ. I am before Him in love. He desires to be loved in return. Yet, He loved me EXTRAVAGANTLY first. He isn't asking for something He hasn't first given.

"For He foreordained us (destined us, planned in love for us) to be adopted (revealed) as His own children through Jesus Christ, in accordance with the purpose of His will [because it pleased Him and was His kind intent]-" ~Ephesians 1:5

My Father planned in love way beforehand to adopt me and reveal me as His child through Jesus Christ. This lined up with His will. It pleased Him and was His kind intent to make me His own child.

God's Word is amazing! Dive in deeper for yourself! =)

No comments: