Thursday, July 12, 2007

Undisturbedness and Favor...

"May grace (God's unmerited favor) and spiritual peace [which means peace with God and harmony , unity, and undisturbedness] be yours from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ." ~Ephesians 1:2

Peace. Undisturbedness. That is such a wonderful place to be! This undisturbed peace is from my Father and my Beloved. Undisturbedness is like a settled quiet feeling in my stomach. It's not scratchy and uneasy.

Peace. Everything is alright. All is well. There's a real rest where there's paece. It's not like a forced sleep, it's gentle and refreshing.

Grace. God's unmerited favor. I didn't do anything to earn His favor, but He has favor on me. He showers blessings on me. He saved me! He rescued me! I should have been forever separated from Him- what a completely, utterly, horribly despicable thought! =/

Yet, He made the way for me to be with Him forever! =D Now that is a completely, utterly, wonderfully beautiful thought!!!! Forever with the One Who loved me enough to die for me- though He didn't stay dead. (And, by the way, that power that raised Jesus from the dead is in me!) I'm no longer separated from Him. I can talk to Him, listen to Him, walk with Him, live by His side... =)

It's the best life. And He just showed this favor to me; I didn't earn it. I just received it. I didn't reject it! Of course not!

He shows me His favor because of His extravagant, over-the-top love for me. Even when I was far away from Him, even before I was born, He loved me. He chose me. I've just chosen to respond to that love. =) His love is so amazing!

Wow! All that from one verse- the Bible is so good! It's God's letter to me. =)

You know what, you can experience the things I've been talking about too! This undisturbed peace and favor from God isn't just for me- it's for you too. You just have to receive it! Ask Jesus to reveal Himself to you. If you have any questions, ask away. Have a great night!

No comments: