Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Word...

I went to a women's Bible study yesterday and we were given homework...it's actually a class called Principles of Faith. So, anyway, I started doing the homework this morning, and I want to share what I found so far with you.

This assignment is reading and meditating on verses from Psalm 119, but replacing things like "the law, testimonies, God's ways..." with "the Word". Here's what I studied today...I've adapted the words mentioned aboove, so these aren't direct quotes.

Ps 119:1* Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are the undefiled (the upright, truly sincere, and blameless) in the Word [the revealed will of God], who walk (order their conduct and conversation) in the Word (the whole of God's revealed will).

My response: If I order my conduct and conversation after the Word, I'll be blessed- happy, fortunate, and to be envied.

Psalm 119:2* Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are they who keep the Word, and who seek, inquire for and of the Word and crave the Word with the whole heart.

My response: If I keep the Word and seek, inquire, and crave the Word with my whole heart, I'll be blessed- happy, fortunate, and to be envied.

Psalm 119:3* Yes, they do no unrighteousness [no willful wandering from the Word], they walk in the Word.

My response: I don't willfully wander from the Word, but I walk in the Word.

Psalm 119:4* You have commanded us to keep Your Word, that we should observe it diligently.

My response: I keep the Word and observe it diligently.

Psalm 119:5* Oh, that my ways were directed and established to observe Your Word [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it]!

My response: I observe the Word- I hear, receive, love, and obey the Word.

Psalm 119:6* Then shall I not be put to shame [by failing to inherit Your promises] when I have respect to all Your Word.

My response: I respect the Word and I don't fail to receive and inherit the promises; I am not put to shame.

I don't know about you, but the length of Psalm 119 has kept me from really diving into it before. There is so much good stuff in there though! Check it out for yourself. =)


[Side note: I'm not using pictures right now because I'm using a different computer .]

1 comment:

Samantha F. said...

Wow, I have to go to this bible study....

Sheesh.