Friday, December 28, 2007

Getting Settled In...

After my first night of trying to sleep, but thinking a lot, I woke up to a sunny room. The sun shone through and lit up the yellow room- making it more alive and cheerful than before.

When I finally decided to get out of the warm covers and get started unpacking, things got underway with getting settled.

I unpacked and organized what I could of my belongings into a desk and under the bed Then I organized two suitcases as a make shift dresser (more like two trunks) for the time being. I may get a dresser, or I may end up using some closets in the bathroom...whatever works. =)

After everything had a place, it was nearing noon, and I headed up to look after my soon to be students for the day.

Teaching begins this coming Thursday. I am told that this weekend I’m being thrust into the culture. A quincinata tomorrow- the 15th birthday is a very big deal. Then there’s church, in Spanish, on Sunday. Then of course the teachers meeting, in Spanish, on Wednesday....now that should be interesting. =)

So, I’m being submersed in the culture and language- which I hear is the best was to learn it but is also quite difficult.

Well, it’s almost time to play in the park. It is a warm day here- a t-shirt is a great choice in the intense sun. Here I go...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year!
I pray that this is a year filled with many blessings from our Heavenly Father as you begin this new adventure in your life.
~Bobbi~

Samantha F. said...

Tee hee, you have a yellow room!! Your loft was yellow too...INTERESTING!! O_O Haha!

I knew what a quincin...quicin...the 15th birthday party thingie was. How cool is that? Also! I've learned how to say "God bless you" in spanish!! Helpful, no? I knew you'd be pleased. Hee hee...

LOVE YOU!!!! *hugs and kisses*