Friday, February 1, 2008

Strength...


*This picture really has nothing to do with this post, besides that it was something I ate while here in Guatemala. =)*

Lately I've really been needing God's strength. And I've seen some things in familiar verses that I hadn't noticed before. So, I thought I'd share it with you...some is just me thinking, but here it is:

"that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man," Ephesians 3:16

Strengthened with might through His Spirit according to the riches of His glory. It's not strengthened according to how much I do what I'm supposed to do- how much I read the Bible and pray (though they're important and strengthening to the spirit.)
I'm not strengthened according to how much I do everything right.
I'm not strengthened based on how I feel about myself, if I'm confident and outgoing.
I am strengthened according to the riches of His glory!
The riches of His glory are immense, far reaching, beyond me- far beyond my need.
His Spirit, the Holy Spirit, strengthens my inner man, or my spirit.
Praise God for His strength!

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us," Ephesians 3:20

According to the power that works in us. That could be according to the level we allow the Holy Spirit to work in us. Or it could be according to the power, which is of the Holy Spirit. It must be according to the power of God, which is at work in me also, because according to this power He does exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think. The power available doesn't appear limited in any way. So, this unlimited power is at work in me and can do exceedingly, abundantly, above all I ask or think!

To Him, indeed, be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen! (verse 21)

His power is at work in me. And He can do exceedingly abundantly above all I ask or think. So much more than I ask, God is able to do. Much more than I even think, God is able to do.
So, He says, ask and it will be given to you. (Matthew 7:7)
And whatever you ask in My Name I will do it. (John 14:14)
The ability is unlimited. I need only ask! Praise God!

1 comment:

sweet_innocent said...

God's power shows up best in our weakness. God wants to show up in your life in a powerful, strong way. He is your strength when you are weak.