Saturday, February 23, 2008

Tortillas!!!!

Okay, so when I was in Guatemala for a month, mostly in August, I learned how to make tortillas. Well, really I watched and tried to make tortillas, but they didn't turn out round and beautiful like the ones the women made who were showing me how to do it.
Well, this week we ran out of bread- so Sam and I decided to make tortillas. The first time was somewhat of an experiment to get the right amount of mix and water combined. From there I was amazed at how round the tortillas turned out! I was so happy they weren't falling apart and as oddly shaped as before. I'm sure there were several that didn't make the circle shape complete- but I was satisfied with my work. And they tasted good too! =)
So, here's some of what it looked like when I was making tortillas...



No comments: