Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The boys' club begins...

Today we had the first meeting for the boys branch of the international children's club! =)

There were six boys and we went for a hike down the hill in the woods. Some of them call it a ditch.

After hiking down to a more open area, we sat down and I pulled out the flannel board and Betty Luken felts. Using the Spanish version of the story I told them about creation. We went from complete darkness through day five. I think the boys enjoyed being allowed to go down the hill- they love it...the being boys sort of thing. =)

Hermano Roberto came with to help translate when I didn't know the words. I read the story in Spanish and added some things that he translated for me. I'll get to the point where I can say it all myself- but I'm still learning.

I think it went well for the first meeting. Praise God! I was nervous about starting- but I knew it was the right thing to do. So, yeah!

Thursday is the first meeting for the girls branch of the club. It will go well also, I'm sure. It will be the same lesson- with a more girly environment. =)

Well, off again...
Blessings on you!

3 comments:

Joe Barlow, a pastor, 10th of 14 kids, father of 7, husband of one beautiful wife said...

Keep pressing on, serving the Lord.
We love you and are praying for you.

Rebecca said...

Thank you very much! =)

Samantha F. said...

Hoo hoo! Sounds good!! If you can teach young adults, you can teach anyone....right?? RIGHT??

Hee hee!